I had to leave my job in November 2006 because of medical problems. I just couldnt do that kind of work anymore and the 1 hour drive each way was killing me. I had too many close calls of falling asleep at the wheel. Now I am surviving on 60% disability from the VA but hopefully that will go up. My wife is pissed cause she cant spend money like she used to. We have to be more practical. My only requirements are beer and smokes and maybe some food here and there.
I am still treating with psychiatry and psychology at the VA hospital In Iowa city, IA. I have more drugs than Keith Richards. The biggest problem is 3 years later and I still cant sleep. they have tried 4 different drugs with no success yet. So I am dealing with, PTSD, depression, anxiety, hypertension, IBS, chronic fatigue, fybromyalgia, right hip injury, left shoulder impingement, erectile dysfunction and sciatic neuralgia. Thats a pretty good laundry list.
I get good care from the VA but it is just slow like their disability program. I applied in August 2006 and finally had a part decision in April 2007. there are still some issues they havent decided on. So im just going with the flow and try to stay out of everyones way. Unfortunately people wont leave me alone they all still depend on me to fix their problems.
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment